reCAPTCHA is one of the most popular ways to prevent spam and abuse by preventing bots from being able to submit forms.
To add a reCAPTCHA, you first need to get the reCAPTCHA keys from the Google website. You can choose from either reCAPTCHA v3 or reCAPTCHA v2. We recommend v3 as it is the new more secure, less intrusive method to use.
Note that these steps require a WordPress website and Elementor Pro as your website builder.
Steps on how to add reCAPTCHA v3 on your website's contact form:
- Go to the Google reCAPTCHA site.
- Add a Label (name of your website).
- Choose reCAPTCHA v3.
- Add a domain (URL of your website) e.g. example.com
- Choose the owner email address and/or add a new one
- Accept the Terms of Service, allow Send alerts to owners and Submit.
6. On the next page (after you submit the form), copy both the Site Key and the Secret Key.
7. On another browser tab, go to your WordPress dashboard and enter these keys in the Elementor > Settings > Integrations > reCAPTCHA v3 and click Save Changes. (You can change the Score Threshold if desired. If bots manage to get around the reCAPTCHA, increase the score).
8. On your Elementor page, edit your form’s Form Fields.
9. Click on Add Item.
10. Under Type choose reCAPTCHA3.
11. Choose whether to place the badge to the right (bottom of the page), left (bottom of the page), or inline.
12. Click Update.
You will now see the badge on the page.